Saturday, October 21, 2006

La Repetition (2001)


Rating: * * * 1/2 (Out of 5)

The first time I watch any Emmanuelle Beart film, I tend to stare at her beautiful, beautiful face and lose track of the film...

This film is kind of a Frecnh version of Single White Female. Although I like the obsessive, love/hate relationship of the two main characters, it gets to a point that it is a bit too repetitve. I know that's the point, hence the title, but director Catherine Corsini does not offer enough new elements or surprises in each repetition to hold our interest.

One thing of note, the young girl who plays the young Nathalie in the film, Marie Loboda, really does look a lot like Emmanuelle Beart. I know she also played a young Emmanuelle Beart in another, more recent film, L'enfer. Not the Claude Chabrol one (also with Emmanuelle Beart), but the one written by Kieslowski, which I am really looking forward to seeing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home