Saturday, April 07, 2007

The Holiday (2006)

Rating: zero * (Out of 5)

The Holiday is absolute rubbish. The filmmakers just coat the film with tons of sugar and call it a "feel good romantic comedy". It did not make me feel good, it wasn't romantic in the slightest, and I didn't laugh once in the entire 136mins of it. I needed a holiday after sitting through this piece of crap.

Director Nancy Meyer made the pretty good Something's Gotta Give and the 1998 remake of The Parent Trap, but The Holiday seems to be shot from the 1st draft of the script. Every scene is too long and predictable, and I can't think of a scene without cliches. Not a single scene is believable. Who gave the go ahead on this project?

Cameron Diaz and Jude Law are possibly the most annoying on screen couple in a long long time. I am a big fan of Kate Winslet, but I must admit even she is a bit annoying in the film, which I did not imagine was possible.

My pick of the Netflix comment: "I have to say that I absolutely loved with movie. I'd have to say that's it's something I'd watch again and again. Not only was it written amazingly but that acting was quite superb. Jude Law and Cameron Diaz have such amazing chemistry that it makes you almost forget that your watching a movie. It's the same with Kate Winslet and Jack Black, The combo is great together. I would absolutely recommend this movie to any one who just needs a good laugh and to enjoy love!!!"

Maybe I don't enjoy love? Is that why I hated this movie?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home